Hiring a Children's Director
Children’s Director | Job Description
The Children’s Director helps Trinity Bible Church (TBC) make disciple-making disciples by creating safe, enjoyable, Christ-centered environments for children. He or she reports directly to the Lead Pastor and is responsible for all children’s ministries including but not limited to: Kids’ Club (Wednesday Nights), Sunday School, TBC Kids during Sunday Morning Service, Summer Arts Festival (SAF), and special programs for children from birth up to 6th grade. Recruiting children's workers and lead team members is a major part of this position.
Part-Time, 25 hrs/wk @ $20K/yr as well as potential tuition assistance
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the shepherding of the elder and supervision of the Lead pastor, to Administer a program of Christian education that assists parents in raising their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Create healthy contexts for children to learn about Jesus and make meaningful relationships. He or she (along with spouse if applicable) will be members in good standing of Trinity Bible Church and abide by all specific expectations set forth for his position, undergo a background check, and fulfill general expectations placed on employees of the church including but not limited to assenting to and living in accordance with the TBC Statements of Faith and Fellowship, etc. and will:
- Love Jesus, the local church, and kids.
- Recruit volunteers and lead team members.
- Teach and disciple others to teach appropriate lessons and activities for all children’s events.
- Potentially lead special teaching during children’s times of special seasonal functions like our annual Easter Egg Hunt.
- Coordinate promotion of 6th Graders to youth with Pastoral Assistant of Youth.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate a gospel-centered, joyful environment that welcomes visitors and exposes children to their need to respond to the gospel with faith and repentance.
- Serve as a resource person to current trends and training opportunities in order to enhance our children’s ministry.
- Research, select, and implement the most appropriate children’s ministry curriculum with approval from the Senior Pastor.
- Administrate events such that he or she is able to attend most Sunday Morning Worship Services, and who is present, overseeing the children’s ministry during Sunday School, Gathered Worship, Wednesday Nights, weddings, funerals, special services, etc. and special events in order to welcome a connection with children and their families providing increased opportunities for a direct relationship with children and their families.
- Plan, coordinate, recruit, and oversee the overall Summer Arts Festival program.
- Plan training and encouragement for Children’s Ministry volunteers at least twice a year.
- Prepare and present an annual budget for Children’s ministry to the elders by the last week of April.
- Create, implement, and communicate safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
- Knowledge of the Bible and Christian-based principles and faith. Has trusted in Jesus alone for salvation.
- Ability to teach and lead children in a Christ-like manner.
- Ability to coordinate Children’s activities (on and off-campus).
- Ability to recruit, train and encourage volunteers.
- Ability to operate computers and electronics for presentations and events.
- Knowledge of Church budget status, spending procedures, and ability to prepare annual Children’s Ministry budgets.
- Ability to have awkward conversations with grace and truth.
- Ability to humbly resolve conflicts with a view towards restored relationships.
How To Apply
Contact the Trinity Bible Church office at (602) 942-8330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More in Blog
January 13, 2022Relief Following Following Super Typhoon in Philippines
January 7, 2022Sunday Morning Equip Classes - Spring 2022
December 30, 2021Best Reads of 2021