We don't flinch at the unique way man images God. But what does a manly man look like? The Bible reveals Jesus Christ as the true man and measure of masculinity. He came to rescue his bride--the Church--by laying down his life for her.
True masculinity isn't fighting a bear with your bare hands (though we do have guys who can do that!). Real men lay down their lives daily for their wives, their children, their friends, and their local churches.
In addition to our Sunday Gatherings, we also utilize one-to-one discipleship, small groups, and regular events aimed at connecting men together for friendship and discipleship in the following areas:
- Biblical Manhood
- Leading & Loving your Wife
- Raising your Children to Love Jesus
- Actively Engaging in your Local Church
- Working for the Glory of God
- Being a Disciple-making Disciple
Men's Wednesday Morning Gathering
Centered around our personal daily Bible reading plans
TBC Ed Building, Fireside Room, 6:00 to 7:00am
- to meet together to be encouraged by God's Word
- to share what God has done/is doing through our daily Bible reading
- to pray for one another
- to connect with other men
Every Thursday at 10:00am in the Fireside Room in the education center, men meet for about 90 minutes to pray and stir one another up to love and good works.
A typical meeting looks like:
- Reading a passage of the Bible
- Prayer requests and prayer
- 15-20 minute devotion from God's word, followed by discussion.
- (Some then go for lunch afterward at a nearby restaurant.)
On alternate Saturdays, from 7-9:30am, men meet for:
- Breakfast (volunteers take turns cooking).
- Bible study -- reading through and discussing a book of the Bible, verse-by-verse.
- Prayer -- a time of requests and prayer for each other.
For more information, contact the church office at 602-942-8330.