Leaders are expected to:
- Love Jesus, family, local church, and others (Matthew 22:37-39, 1 John 4:11)
- Be a member of Trinity Bible Church in good standing—membership must be at least one year (1 Corinthians 5:12, Hebrews 13:17)
- Pray for each other (Ephesians 6:18, 1 Thessalonians 5:17, James 5:16)
- Be available (Romans 12:9-21, Galatians 5:13, 1 Peter 4:10)
- Mature in spiritual disciplines—Bible reading, prayer, and community (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Be willing to give people space as needed (Matthew 7:12, Phil. 2:3-4, Titus 3:2)
- Be joyful while serving others (Psalm 100:2, Proverbs 17:22, Colossians 3:23-24)
- Listen well (Job 34:2-3, Proverbs 1:5, James 1:19)
- Use speech to encourage, edify, and educate (Rom. 15:2, 1 Thess. 5:11, Heb. 3:13)
- Facilitate group discussions—prep: one hour - COMA, inductive, etc. (1 Pet. 3:15)
- Apply the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15, Phil 1:9, 1 John 3:18)
- Attend College/Career meetings, special group activities and events, and Leader’s meetings (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Be discipled—intentional one-to-one discipleship (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Disciple at least one person—intentional relationships with others (Mark 1:17-18)
- Communicate well with other leaders (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
- Be loving, compassionate, patient, gentle, kind, self-controlled, merciful, and forgiving (John 13:34-35, 1 Cor. 13:1-7, Galatians 5:22-23, Eph. 4:32, James 3:17)
- Abuse of any sort will not be tolerated.
- Conduct your social media practices with the understanding that your social media presence is an extension of you—your personality, your character, and also your ministry. Use discernment, wisdom, and charity in your interactions.
You are an integral part of Trinity Bible Church and its mission to Make Disciple-Making Disciples. Your desire to love and serve others is an answered prayer and blessing to the church (Matthew 28:18-20).